I figured it may make sense to change this. Several weeks ago, I started trawling through the list of public CVE assignments, and then manually compiling a list of genuine, high-impact flaws in commonly used software. I tried to follow three basic principles:
For pragmatic reasons, I focused on problems where the nature of the vulnerability and the identity of the researcher is easy to ascertain. For this reason, I ended up rejecting entries such as CVE-2015-2132 or CVE-2015-3799.
I focused on widespread software - e.g., browsers, operating systems, network services - skipping many categories of niche enterprise products, Wordpress add-ons, and so on. Good examples of rejected entries in this category include CVE-2015-5406 and CVE-2015-5681.
I skipped issues that appeared to be low impact, or where the credibility of the report seemed unclear. One example of a rejected submission is CVE-2015-4173.